Our business email includes a powerful collaboration tool which allows you to share common resources for the whole organization to use.
The following can be shared using the collaboration tool.
- Email folders
Adding a Shared Resource
Adding a Shared Resource is quite easy. Simply follow the steps below:
- Click on the New button under Settings -> Sharing
- You're presented with the options available to be shared. Select the resource you want to make available to others.
- Click Next
- You have the ability to share items with individuals or groups. You can select multiple individuals by holding down the Ctrl button (in Windows) or the Command button (in OSX).
- You can also set the permissions level on the Users or Groups you share items with. These permissions include the following. Note: Permission options are dependent upon the resource you are sharing.
Click the Save button. Your Shared Resource now shows on the Shared Resources page.
- Availability-only: For calendar resources, this allows users to only see the availability of others when setting up Events.
- Read only: Allows users to only see the shared data but not have any ability to edit it.
- Full control: Allows users to fully edit the shared resource.
Individual Permissions on Shared Resources
If you create a shared resource and then share that resource with a number of individuals -- say, the members of a team -- you can set special permissions for each user you share the resource with. For example, you have a group of people working on a specific task, you can give a team lead full control over the task and give the rest of the team read only permissions. This allows the entire team to share the task and any notes, changes, etc. made to it but it limits editability to only the team lead.
To see a list of items you are sharing with others, click the settings icon. Then expand the My Settings and Sharing folders and click Shared Resources in the navigation pane. A list of shared resources will load in the content pane.
In general, the following options are available in the content pane toolbar:
When a Shared Resource is set up, they are listed on the Shared Resources page. Each resource is listed by name, by type (e.g., Notes) and by the number of shares/permissions that were set up for the resource.
- New - Creates a new shared resource.
- Edit - Edits an existing shared resource.
- Delete - Permanently deletes the ability to share the selected item(s).