If you have organize or filter out emails with specific words in the body, from a specific person/email address or with a specific subject line you can do so with ease.
- Log into your Webmail
- Click on the Settings Icon on the top menu bar
- Click on Content Filtering on the left hand side menu
- Now click on New to create a new filtering rule
In the General
box, you can specify the name of this filtering Rule. Now you need to add a condition for this rule, there are several types of condition you can select. Once you have selected the condition then you need to fill in what condition need to match before executing the rule.
Lastly, you need to tell the rule what to do when the condition had matched. Click on New Action
in the Actions
box to configure it.
Hit save on the Top left hand corner to save this rule
For example, we want to flag any email coming from [email protected]
- In the Name filed, we fill in the Name as Bill's Rule and Match Type we select Any Conditions Must be Met to allow more flexible ruling
- In the conditions box, we create a new condition type From Address -> From Specific Address -> Matches. Now in the From specific addresses (one per line) box, we fill in [email protected]
- In New Action, we select Flag Message as the action and save
- Hit save on the Top left hand corner to save this rule. If properly done you should now see the rule you just created.
- You can have multiple Conditions for one rule to allow the rule to be more specific
- You can also have multiple action for one rule
- Domain administrators can also set domain wide rule that will apply for all inboxes under the domain. SImply goto Domain Settings -> Content Filtering in the webmail interface of the Domain administrator